Seeking Applicants for the position of Executive Director of the BADC
About Barre Area Development, Inc. (tradename, BADC)
BADC is a 501 (c) 6 private, non-profit development corporation established in 1961 for the purpose of economic development and the general business interests in the City of Barre and the Town of Barre. BADC has one full-time position, Executive Director, and a part-time Recording Secretary and 15 Board Members that oversee the mission, the operating budget, and the funds spent from capital reserves. The corporation established the Wilson Industrial Park and worked with the Town of Barre to expand the Park which has permitted land for sale. BADC developed several buildings to ensure that there was available space for new businesses and expansion of existing ones. At the current time, operating capital is through the City and Town of, two separate municipalities, that appropriate funds annually as part of their respective municipal budgets which has totaled approximately $100,000 every fiscal year.
In addition to the traditional objectives of adding jobs and seeking new businesses, the mission of BADC has expanded its mission to assist and guide new and existing businesses in many ways, including steering them to financial and technical resources and assisting property owners finding tenants. The Executive Director also works closely with Town and City government and functions as their Economic Development Director, and in part also assists them with community development goals and projects. The latter includes working with the City and its downtown organization on downtown revitalization, and results in coordination and assistance with other organizations.
More recently, BADC has dedicated time and financial resources to marketing the Barre Area which has resulted in the Barre Rock Solid brand and marketing strategy encapsulated in https://barrerocksolid.com which is a 3 portal web site with 16 films.
The responsibilities of the Executive Director are:
- Implement and manage BADC’s current marketing effort with the resources available including fundraising and oversee the management of the BADC and Barre Rock Solid websites and maintain a social media presence.
- Seek new businesses to locate to Barre and assist any area business with expansion, creation of jobs or retention of jobs.
- Respond to the goals and needs of City and Town as defined by its management and governing boards.
- As agreed by the BADC Board, assist any other institution or non-profit organization that is proposing work or projects that provides significant public and economic benefit to the Barre Area.
- Recognize and identify beneficial economic and community opportunities and bring them to the attention of BADC, City and Town.
- Assist property owners in finding tenants, or financing for necessary improvements that will help.
- Market the available real estate for sale and space for lease in the Wilson Industrial Park.
- Manage the BADC budget, assist the Board with the management and expenditure of reserve capital.
- Work with State government and federal agencies to access their resources and to apply for any relevant grant assistance.
- Partner with the Central Vermont Economic Development Corporation, businesses and all other organizations for workforce development and the filling of job openings in Barre and in the region.
- As agreed with the Town for the Barre Loan Fund, review the underwriting of Vermont Community Loan Fund.
thesis papers ideas
go to site
corporate governance case study
website editing service
essay titles italicized underlined
lnger durchhalten ohne viagra
cultural globalization not americanization essay
pastilla azul viagra precio
dissertation exclusion in research
viagra in mexico pharmacy
essay on food journal
barzellette su viagra
church planting research paper
short essay on value of books
top essay editing service gb
how to write a response to a performance reviews
essay writing service online
trial viagra pack
cialis con las comidas
is viagra online real
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and compensation expectations to via email to: Robert Hutchins, Search Committee Chairman at: firstname.lastname@example.org; with copy to: Sarah Field, Pres. BADC at: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until January 30, 2019 or until the position is filled. Salary and benefits are commensurate with Experience. BADC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.